This weekend was a blast! Between The Color Run and visiting the Food Truck Park on Saturday and staying in Sunday for an evening of superhero movies and Mexican food with the boy, it was just full of fun and exciting things.
It’s definitely a Monday around here though! We’ve got a thunderstorm here today that, while beautiful and sleep inducing, has created a very wet and gloomy environment here in City Hall! Since my desk is located right under the giant skylight, every time the lightening strikes the whole area lights up!
In addition to that, all this rain has either found a way into my apartment, or my brand new freezer is broken. Either way, my kitchen floor was covered in water this morning. I got most of it sopped up with towels and called my leasing office, so I’ll just hope that they can figure it out today while I’m at work. Not a huge deal, but definitely an inconvenience this morning sine we can’t foresee these complications.
For those of you who are new around here, Weekly Wishes is a time to set goals and keep ourselves accountable for being productive throughout the week. Since I began setting these goals I’ve realized how much more I can get done when I have concrete things to work toward.
Last week I set my monthly goals for April, so this week I’ll reflect on the week before and set up goals for this week!
Last time’s goals were to:
1) Finish putting up artwork around my apartment.
2) Heal my sprained ankle.
3) Meal and Grocery Plan
4) Plan a Stone Mountain day with friends.
I am proud to say that ALL of my goals were accomplished! My apartment looks so much better now and feels like a home when I step into it with my now-strong ankle! My meals for the week are planned out so I don’t have to think about it when I get home, and a great day at Stone Mountain gave us all a workout and some time to catch up with each other without the daily distractions of the city.
This week, my goals are to:
1) Get 2 weeks worth of blog posts planned and written. This one is cheating a little because I already have 1 week done, but I want to reach further and push myself to get more done.
2) Study A TON for my SpEd licensure exams. I have SO much to read and learn in the next two weeks before I have to take my tests! I’m nervous about how these tests will go.
3) Drink more water. I’ve been doing good about working out but I know my body is dehydrated.
I think 3 is enough for this week! In addition to these goals I’ll also be working on my monthly goals along the way.
What are your goals for the week? Let me know in the comments so I can cheer you on! Feel free to link up with Weekly Wishes by clicking that little button below!