Kate’s post really hit me because, even though I didn’t know it then, we were in similar places in our lives then and now both of us are better off.
Plus, today is #ThrowbackThursday, so what better day than today to share?
This time last year:
- I had just begun blogging and wasn’t really sure what to do with this little space of mine.
- I was nannying the best little boy. And Winston the husky.
- My sweet great nephew had just been born and I fell incredibly in love.
- I was livin’ it up as a single lady (or at least I was telling myself I was) and started falling for a friend. This would turn into a short-lived romance of me trying to convince myself he was right for me and eventually a break up that opened up my eyes to what was going on.
- In that line of thinking, I was “over D” but still really sad that what we had was over… Little did I know that I’d be sitting here today happy to be able to say that I’m totally not over him one bit. He’s really the best person I know and treats me like the most important person in the world. We’re both in better places now and are happily together.
- I was getting ready to graduate and thought I would go on to do a Master’s in Public Health.
- I was an obstreperous young woman, resistant to growing up.
- I was spending 24 hrs a day in a research lab and hardly sleeping in the name of my Senior Thesis. 9 months of making that baby turned out to a great presentation and paper though!
- I had just rung the bell at Agnes Scott College, signifying my acceptance of a teaching job in Idaho.
Things are definitely different in my life now, and things are still changing for the better. It feels good to be able to look back and see just how far I’ve really come.
Today’s A to Z word is obstreperous, meaning stubbornly defiant.