Lately, I’ve been nominated for the Liebster Award a couple times! Most recently it’s been by Christina over at Route Bliss, so I’m going to answer her questions today on the blog! (Thanks Christina!) The Liebster Award is a way for bloggers to recognize other small, up and coming blogs. And, in case you’re wondering what Liebster means, apparently its a German term of endearment. Isn’t that cute? I’ve done a post for this quite a while back, but I think it’ll fun again to answer some questions from one of my fav travel bloggers!
1. Name one thing on your bucket list you want to accomplish in the next year …
I want to sleep in a tree house! I recently found this one on AirBnB and I definitely want to go. It’s been a dream of mine for a while so I’m excited to actually make it happen!
2. What did you want to be when you grew up?
So many things! I went from teacher to singer to nurse to everything in between.
3. If you could have any job in the world now, would you do what you do now or something else?
Any job in the world? Can someone just pay me to travel the world and blog about it? If not, I’ll stick with Teach for America, because I can already tell it’s going to be an incredible experience!
4. Coffee or Tea?
Both! Tea at night, coffee in the morning.
5. Favorite international accent to listen to?
Italian! Oooooh or Australian. So many accents sound exciting to me.
6. Favorite place in the US you’ve been (or dream of visiting)?
As cliche as it may sound, my favorite place really is at home in Idaho. It’s beautiful and comforting and wonderful.
7. What was your worst travel experience? (don’t have to go into detail, a summary is fine!)
Oh my goodness, probably in Mexico when I let my visa expire (oops!) and then tried to come back to the USA That whole process was a nightmare but I suppose it ended up alright.
8. Do you prefer to receive cut flowers or flowers with roots still attached?
Give me the cut flowers! Anything else will be dead before I can enjoy it! haha. I don’t have the most green thumb, but I love having fresh flowers.
9. Favorite animal?
Giraffe! Or Elephant. And elephant is totally my spirit animal but I like to think I’m tall so I say giraffe. I’m actually pretty short.
10. Would you rather get a tattoo or piercing?
Tattoo all the way. I think I have all the piercings I want but there are still more tattoos I want!
11. What’s the worst job you’ve ever had?
How lucky am I that I haven’t actually had any terrible jobs? I mean sure, at my nursing job I was hit a couple times and had all sorts of gross stuff get on me, but I really loved that job too! Thanks Christina for the questions, this was a fun way to start my day!