I was nominated by Brittany for the Liebster Award. The Liebster Award is given to up and coming bloggers who have less than 200 followers. The meaning: Liebster is German and means kindest, dearest, lovely, and welcome. Isn’t that sweet? I love that it creates even more of a sense of community in the blogging world and gets out the world about newer blogs!
-Tell 11 facts about yourself
-Answer 11 questions.
-Nominate 11 fellow bloggers.
11 facts about me!
1. I have always been a traveler and moved away from home for the first time when I was 15 years old to live in Mexico.
2. I had visited 8 different countries by the time I reached 18, and now I’m working on 20 by 30.
3. My favorite colors are yellow and purple, but not together.
4. I have 5 names and am the youngest of 7 kids.
5. I am the first generation of my family to go to college.
6. I have never broken a bone (knock on wood)
7. I used to hate my hair but now I am learning to love it.
8. I get excited over kitchen appliances. KitchenAid mixers = LOVE
9. When looking at colleges I was SO SURE I would never go to a women’s college. Now I know that going to a women’s college is the best decision I ever could have made.
10. Every time I have to do a background check I get inexplicably nervous, even though I know I’ve never committed a crime.
11. Pencil skirts make me feel like I could take over the world.
Now the 11 questions!
1.What is your driving force in blogging?
I love being able to look back at my accomplishments and see what I was doing at a certain point and what I thought was worth writing about. I also enjoy seeing my growth as a blogger and discovering just what it is I want to write!
2. Dogs or cats?
Both! I can’t choose. I love my babies so much it’s a little bit ridiculous.
3. What is your favorite go to bible verse?
1 Corinthians 13:4-8. This verse has been hanging in my home since I was a little girls and I have always grown up with it ingrained in my head and heart.
4. How has blogging changed your life?
It has definitely made me more crafty! It has also connected me with so many other people that have become true friends.
5. What is your favorite down-time activity?
Marathon-ing something on Netflix or reading. Or napping.
6.When you think back, what is your favorite childhood memory?
Definitely spending Spring Break at the Oregon Coast every year with my family. That time spent with my siblings and parents really cemented our relationships and the way we interact as a family to this day.
7. How do you balance work, blog, and family?
Not too complicated for me! I don’t have a husband or kids, so that makes that part easier, and really I just blog in my free time. I really want to start dedicating more time to it, but I know that will happen gradually. I leave work at work and try to keep it separated from my personal life so I have a good balance there.
8. Favorite song at the moment?
Not even gonna lie- I’m totally loving One Direction right now. I know, I’m a 13 year old girl when it comes to this. Their song “Don’t Forget Where You Belong” is kind of my anthem right now.
9. Describe your perfect day?
Spending time outside on a warm day with some friends. Put us near a beach or a pool or some body of water and that’s even better.
10. Where would you like to travel next?
I’d really love to return to India. And go to Italy. And ya know, Florida. Or Fiji. Or really anywhere I new. Let’s go!
11. What is your best piece of advice for new bloggers?
I’m still a new blogger! I feel a little under qualified to be giving advice! But really just go with what feels right! I wanted a space to share what’s going on in my life and I feel like that’s what I’ve created. But like I said, I’m still working on it!
Now I’m supposed to tag 11 blogs that I think deserve this award. I know most of the blogs I follow have more than 200 followers but if you think this looks fun, just let me know and I’ll tag you for it!